The plain truth when it comes to self mastery, and controlling what happens in your life, and the lives of those you love.
In life things happen, temptations, mistakes, happen. However, it is very dangerous to make justifications for wrong behavior. It is even worse to endorse it making it seem right or OK. It takes courage to call things what they are without sugar coating or redefining them. Below I’ve listed 7 steps to encourage you in your efforts to keep things real!
1. If you are not doing it, then do not follow popular culture by including your endorsement. It takes courage to be a leader not a follower, it is a lonely path.
2. If you will not teach your children to do it then whether it’s wrong, right, or best becomes crystal clear.
3. If you just so happen to be a teacher, or if
you could not imagine an elementary school teacher telling their students to do it then once again, what’s right becomes clear.
4. If society says kids are too young to smoke, drink, get drunk, get high, etc. because it’s dangerous behavior, and they are innocent. Then why in the world do we say as an adult it’s good or OK for us. Are we too old to be innocent, but old enough to be dangerous? Surely we see that being old enough does not provide any protection from the deadly results of dangerous/risky behaviors.
5. Speaking of deadly results, if you actually care about whether those results occur in your life even if it’s a 30% percent chance, why would you take the risk or endorse someone else taking the risk?
6. If you have seen what has happened to so many who engage in risky/dangerous behaviors that pop culture says is cool. Why would you take or endorse the risk?
7. If anyone has a mom, dad, sister, brother, niece, nephew, wife, husband, daughter or son. Why in the name of Heaven would anyone endorse, or adopt such behaviors that put oneself and everyone they love at risk?